Tuesday, August 26, 2008

MUD RUN 2008

Well myself and a few girlfriends of mine will be participating in the Marine Mud Run Challenge at Fort Jackson in Columbia SC in just a few weeks. Tony and some guys ran the one at Belmont Abbey College a few weeks ago but I was unable to participate due to health reasons (see prior posts). Two of the girls participating with me also ran the Belmont Mud Run and had a blast. I did at least get to go watch! Well in preparation for the Mud Run on Sept 20, 2008 I have been riding a bike every other day and I usually ride around 4 miles each time. Well Sunday 3 of the 4 of us participating went to Crowders Mountain State Park and hiked together. I was told that we would be doing 2 miles - 1 mile there and 1 mile to hike out. Well apparently she read the map wrong and we actually hiked 1.7 miles there and 1.7 miles back! Thanks Carrie! ;) Anyway this was some major hiking! It took all I had to get to the top of that mountain. It was very steep and rocky. I had never even been to Crowders Mountain, let alone hike. It was beautiful when we did reach the peak though! I will post a picture later. I really thought that Monday I would be terribly sore. I was a little sore yesterday but today, when it should be worse, I hardly feel anything at all. The funny thing is a friend of mine at work found out that I was participating in this and said, "YOU are doing THAT?" I said "Yeah, Why?" and they said "well I definitely have to see pictures of this!" I got to thinking though, it should actually be pretty funny. I hope we do get good pictures!
Here is a link to see the Mud Run...www.usmcmudrun.net

No comments: